Installing in Docker
A Docker image was created with Ubuntu 18.04 and all the required files already installed.
- Open a terminal window
- Create a Docker container MainNet
docker run -it algorand/stable
- or Create a Docker container for TestNet
docker run -it algorand/testnet
- This should put you at the bash prompt inside the Docker container within the ~/node directory.
- You should now configure telemetry as described in the installing a node guide. In this step should only have to run:
./diagcfg telemetry name -n <name>
- After this, you should be able to start the node as described in the installing a node guide.
Note we do not currently configure the container for any persistent storage, so when you stop the container your node is wiped - there is no persistence!