- Creating Publications
- Algorand Trailbazer Bounty Program - with Gitcoin
Q: How do I login?
In the top-right corner, Sign Up if you do not yet have an account or Log In if you do.
Q: What do I get by logging in?
Currently, logged in users can create publications that they can submit for review to the Algorand team with the potential to be published on the Algorand Developer Portal. Any publications will show up on your own public profile page.
Q: How do I update my profile picture?
Settings –> Upload Picture
Q: How do I view my public profile?
Profile –> Preview
Q: How do I link my account with GitHub?
If you already have an account. Sign in with your email and password. Go to your settings page and scroll down to Connections and then Manage Connections. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your GitHub account.
If you don’t yet have an account, you can simply click the Sign Up with GitHub on the sign up screen.
Q: How do I change my username?
Go to your settings page and simply change the username and Save. Note that your public profile address uses your username as the URL. Keep this in mind if you have previously shared your profile with others.
Q: How do I create a publication?
Sign Up or Log In to the Developer Portal. Then choose “Create Publication” either from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner or from your profile page.
Q: What happens after I submit for review?
One of our team members will review your submission within 2 weeks. You will receive comments and/or requests for changes through the Developer Portal, which will show up as notifications. By default, these notifications will also be emailed to you.
If you do not hear from the team within 2 weeks, please email us at [email protected].
Q: What happened to the “Contribute” submission form?
Previously, logging into the Developer Portal was invite-only and based on proposed publications. Now that we have opened up logging in to everyone, you can simply login and submit your full draft for review.
Algorand Trailbazer Bounty Program - with Gitcoin
Q: Which content is eligible for rewards?
Gitcoin Bounty Rewards are sponsored by the Algorand Foundation. See announcement. Please refer to the Algorand Foundation bounties page on Gitcoin for types of content that are currently eligible for rewards.
Q: My tutorial or solution was published. How do I claim my rewards?
To claim your rewards, you must also sign up to the relevant Gitcoin bounty as rewards are sponsored by the Algorand Foundation and handled via Gitcoin. If you have already published and submitted the above form and still have questions, please email [email protected].
Q: My tutorial or solution was “Rejected”. Why?
Our team works very hard to edit and review all the submissions and choose only high quality work that we believe will be most valuable to the developer community. We use the following criteria to guide us in the process:
- Creativity/Ingenuity - How creative is the topic? If a similar tutorial or solution already exists on the Developer Portal, how is this different and important?
- Relevance - Is the topic particularly relevant to the developer community given current market trends and community needs?
- Complexity - How complex was the problem you were trying to solve? Was the solution to the complex problem simple and elegant?
- Community Feedback - Is your topic supported and audited by the community? How many stars did the Github repo receive?
- Utility/Value - How much value will this bring to the Algorand developer community? Does it help solve a problem that many developers have? Does it provide depth to a topic that doesn’t yet exist for a certain domain?
- Code Quality - Is the code and repository well-organized and documented? Does it adhere to language-specific style guidelines?
- Writing Quality - Is the writing clear and informative for a developer audience? Is it free from grammar mistakes and typos?
- Scope of Work - How much time and effort did it take to complete this project?
- Extra Media - Does the submission include images, screenshots, and/or videos?
If your bounty was rejected, you can make improvements to it and then resubmit to future bounties.