Algorand has three public networks: MainNet, TestNet, and BetaNet. This section provides details about each of these networks that will help you validate the integrity of your connection to them. Learn more about Choosing a Network in the Start Building section.
Each network page, contains the following information:
- What's New (M, T, B)- An optional section where new features are highlighted with links to accompanying documentation.
- Version (M, T, B) - The latest protocol software version. Should match
GET /versionsbuild version.
- Release Version (M, T, B) - A link to the official release notes where you can view all the latest changes.
- Genesis ID (M, T, B) - A human-readable identifier for the network. This should not be used as a unique identifier.
- Genesis Hash (M, T, B) - The unique identifier for the network, present in every transaction. Validate that your transactions match the network you plan to submit them to.
- FeeSink Address (M, T, B) - Read more about special accounts here.
- RewardsPool Address (M, T, B) - Read more about special accounts here.
- Faucet (T, B) - Link to a faucet (TestNet and BetaNet only).